If you plan to buy a Chicago area home in 2023, the first rule is to be prepared. Here’s how to get ready for home buying, and keep your purchase power at its best!
1. Attend a free home buying seminar with StartingPoint Realty. We share the how-to’s of home buying, plus examples from the front lines of the Chicago real estate market. There is no cost or obligation to you. We simply ask that you register to attend so we have seats for everyone.
2. Check your credit history and credit score, and fix any problems on your record. Some credit cards give you access to your credit score as part of their service. Still, it’s a good idea to visit AnnualCreditReport.com and MyFico.com to verify things directly.
3. Get pre-approved for your mortgage. We can refer you to reliable lenders in Chicagoland who will find the best options for you. A mortgage pre-approval will identify the home price range that works for you, based on your financial situation and today’s interest rates.
4. Choose a trustworthy Chicago real estate broker to guide you through the home buying process. Be sure to check out any online reviews and Better Business Bureau reports!
5. Stay in contact with your real estate agent and your mortgage lender during the home search and home buying process. Return calls, texts or emails promptly. Reach out to them when you have questions or need an update. These professionals will be working hard to help you succeed – but you need to stay involved in the process.
6. Stay financially committed! Avoid new debt. Keep saving towards your down payment. Don’t be tempted to squander away money if you experience a setback. Patience pays off!
StartingPoint Realty – helping home buyers since 2004!
StartingPoint Realty proudly serves home buyers throughout the entire Chicago area. Get an introduction to home buying by attending our free home buying seminar! There’s no sales pressure and no obligation. We can also refer you to top mortgage lenders in Chicagoland – just ask!
Always feel welcome to contact us with your Chicago real estate questions!
Ryan Gable Broker/CEO Starting Point Realty
Become a StartingPoint Realty Facebook Fan
Follow StartingPoint Realty on Twitter